We've had a long, tiring, scary, and eventful week. It all started Sunday night when Jon all of a sudden got deathly sick at his Sara lee warehouse night job. He called me around 9:15 saying he was coming home and needed me to take him to the E.R. I immediately called Amanda to come over and stay with Hayden, he was already in bed a sleep. We where in the E.R. for 5 hours and moved twice before they decided to keep Jon over night and they admitted him to the hospital. His heart rate was very high, he had a low fever, major back & body pain, and his white blood count was off. They took lots of blood and ran all shorts of tests. They said they knew he had an infection they just weren't sure where. They finally got him in his room around 3:30 am and by this time Amanda had called and said Hayden was awake from coughing. So when I got home at 4am Hayden was a wake but luckily went right back to sleep for me. I was back up at 7am trying to get a hold of daycare families and packing bags to head back to the hospital. It took forever for them to figure out what was wrong and they left a heart monitor on Jon for 2 days. They finally said he had Sepsis. Sepsis is a serious blood infection that occurs when the body responds to an infection. It's usually caused by bacteria. They finally let him come home Wednesday afternoon. They said they thought it started with a UTI that wasn't treated then the bacteria spread to the kidneys and bowels. His body got tired of fighting it and the bacteria spread into his blood causing the sepsis. We're so glad it wasn't worse. . . . If we had waited longer his organs could of went into organ failure and he could of been in the ICU. We are thankful for our families help. Amanda for staying with Hayden, my daycare parents for letting me have two days off, and Jon's mom who came down and helped with Hayden. THANKS! We're just at home now trying to catch up on rest. Jon is on an antibiotic and has to drink lots or water and eat lots of yogurt. Other than that he is feeling much better, we're all just tired from the lack of sleep!
Hayden looking at all the cars and trying to find ours. We where on the 6th floor!
The fish we passed every day, multiple times a day on the way to daddy's room. We loved looking at them!
Jon resting
Hayden helping his daddy walk
One tired mommy and Hay hay
Hayden watching cartoons and eating a snack while daddy was sleeping
Glad Jon is home and doing better.
ReplyDeleteWhew, that was scary. Glad Joh is home and feeling better.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh! I'm so sorry! I had that last year and it was AWFUL! Poor Jon! Glad he's home and doing better. Sepsis is scary stuff. I'm also glad he caught it early. I was in the ICU for a couple of days because I was too stubborn to go to the hospital at first. Jon's obviously smarter than I and I'm glad you took him to the ER.
ReplyDelete