Sunday, July 8, 2012

Busy weekend

This weekend went by way too fast & we are super sad to be starting the week without our daddy! I'm hoping the week goes by quick & we are back with our daddy before we know it. We did odd & end things this weekend before JP had to leave. Grandma Susan came down for a quick surprise visit & we had BBQ steaks with funeral potatoes and green beans before she had to head back home for work. Last night was the hardest time we have ever had as parents to get Hayden to sleep. He came out of his room numerous times before I put a lock on his door. Then he broke the lock off and still came out and the night ended at 4am with him coming out of his room one more time & slept with us the test of the night. It was so frustrating  & we were all very tired for church today :-(

My boys fixing the gate










On our way to Pizza Hut! Hayden wearing his kewl new outfit from Grandma Susan!



We also went to Pizza Hut for one last family event and they took so long that we got our whole meal free. We ended up taking the pizza to go to eat at home and just went for a walk to the lake to stretch our legs from sitting SO long!









Throwing sticks in



These are the new MINI wax pot melter's the boys got for their rooms. The MONKEY is for Hollister's room. It's the closest one we could find to match and same with Hayden's the MONSTER one



Not sure why this picture is sideways but this is the book I just finished. I was a little iffy with the title and skipped a couple chapters that didn't pertain to me with my stage of parenting with young ones but it had a lot of good info! I was actually really impressed and amazed at how much it opened my eyes. A little scared for my future parenting though  :o)  I know it'll only get harder. So many temptations for kids these days :o(

No comments:

Post a Comment