Thursday, April 25, 2013

Swing Crash

Hayden just adores the swing set we have and swings on it all the time! Today he had a big crash on it. I was pushing Mr. Hollister in the baby swing when Hayden all of a sudden came flying off the swing and landed upside down on the chain link fence. It terrified him and he cried and cried while I held him. I felt terrible and was upset this happened too. After I got Hayden calmed down and did some further investigating the carribean that holds the chain to the swing had actually ate away and broke completely through. I was appalled that this could happen to this thick of metal and on a swing set with just little 3 and 4 year olds swinging on it. So then I thought what a fluke thing and thought it was just that hook but looking further I found they where all like that. Needless to say all the swings got put up and will be up tell we get new carribeans BUT out of all of this I'm thankful it wasn't a daycare kid. I hate to see my kids get hurt but better than a liability.


You can't tell from this picture but under each scratch is goose eggs :o(



2 comments:

  1. Woa! Are those the carabiners that came with the swingset?! If so, you need to pictures to the company. Poor Hayden. I'm glad he's okay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Amber they are the ones that came with the swing set :(

      Delete